[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Disarmo] U.S. Possesses (and strike daily with) Thousands Of Fatal Drones
- Subject: [Disarmo] U.S. Possesses (and strike daily with) Thousands Of Fatal Drones
- From: glry <glry at ngi.it>
- Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:39:11 +0100
- Authentication-results: alex.peacelink.it; dkim=permerror (verification error: signature timestamp in the future) email@example.com; x-dkim-adsp=none
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=ngi.it; s=dkim; t=1387132752; bh=zNEhd9wPWnPesoeMHKBYJPEfIJL+FVhIWfLhe+F/X3E=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=NoAdQUP5hyaRrz0mFrC5y+hLNJ35OY/J4A1mPO4aBg/fOG7iNYVZEg23VWGdJn4Zb 5NnxtaLoELPzARBVQ1jGc2IFbYX/bIibQ+U0Pp4tkANMYW7Ek3dbRP6XWXVZNlWECH eNyvyprePxHqlDWvdGgJ5yTFmeRSC96tjY42Hop8=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.2.0
U.S. Possesses Thousands Of Fatal Drones
Posted by: "Rick Rozoff" rwrozoff at yahoo.com rwrozoff
Date: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:20 am ((PST))
December 14, 2013
US possesses thousands of fatal drones
Audio at URL above
Rick Rozoff from Stop NATO International has accused the US government
of manufacturing thousands of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) over the
past decade or so to either assassinate people or spy on them in many
countries, including Yemen.
“The United states, at the beginning of the so-called global war on
terror had only some 200 drones,” said Rozoff in an interview with Press
TV on Saturday. But now, he said, it has at least 4,000 or maybe 8,000
The US military has been using the aircraft in conflicts in Iraq,
Somalia, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and other nations since
2001 causing “collateral damage,” he said.
Despite the US claim that CIA-run aircraft are used to target “suspected
militants” only in foreign countries, Rozoff noted that international
reports show major victims of drone strikes have been civilians, many of
them women and children.
The American activist said “drone strikes seem to me as another
definition of state terrorism.” The US intelligence agencies in the
meantime have “direct connections” with “extremist groups” in the Middle
East, Asia, and Europe, he added.
On Thursday, a wedding party in southern Yemen was hit in an air strike.
Seventeen civilians were killed in the incident.
Relatives of the victims on Saturday demanded an end to strikes and
warned of tribal unrest, according to a Yemeni official.
The US acknowledges using drones in the country but does not comment on
Human Rights Watch said in a report earlier this year that US missile
strikes have killed dozens of civilians in Yemen.
Stop NATO e-mail list home page with archives and search engine:
Stop NATO website and articles:
To subscribe for individual e-mails or the daily digest, unsubscribe,
and otherwise change subscription status:
stopnato-subscribe at yahoogroups.com