[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ennesima aggressione nelle South Hebron Hills
- Subject: ennesima aggressione nelle South Hebron Hills
- From: cristina graziani <caminarpreguntando at yahoo.it>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:06:02 +0300
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.it; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=E0QVlj615T+BMdi11My/9VSA7TXWAbVdJEfsM/CUA9HRXEswrWGSqJuzntqzGhyhNib2dK+OvAhtwzvLLkD7fkbIJGab0VE/K3AJGNLE92LZMn+SOyQekFc7xg/Op+AnrNoS4vIZZ+KI+SEeEj/GCKFwgbYa2qHpbQnsnyjU3SU= ;
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (Windows/20070326)
ricevo e inoltro dalle South Hebron Hills, oPt.
"Settlers assault left-wing activists protecting shepherds"
West Bank settlers on Friday assaulted left-wing activists who had
come to protect about 20 Palestinian shepherds in the southern Hebron
Hills, lightly wounding a Palestinian man and a female Israeli
activist, the activists said.
However, police said there were no casualties.
Arik Ascherman, the executive director of Rabbis for Human Rights,
said eight settlers, with dogs, assaulted the three Israeli and seven
foreign left-wing activists, breaking several cameras.
Israeli security forces arrived at the scene and detained Ascherman
and two of the settlers for questioning.
By Mijal Grinberg, Haaretz Correspondent
"Settlers attack left-wingers near Hebron"
Two settlers and a member of an Israeli left-wing movement were
arrested Friday following clashes in the Hebron Hills.
The left-wing activists were set to help Palestinian shepherds tend to
their sheep when they were attacked by the settlers.
The eight activists, who were from the "Rabbis for Human Rights"
movement, said that as they arrived to help the Palestinians they were
confronted by two setters with a dog. The settlers started to hit the
activists and also broke the cameras belonging to several
international volunteers, they said.
Before long, 20 more settlers arrived, hitting the Palestinians and
the activists with clubs, claimed the left-wing movement in a
The club-wielding settlers also verbally attacked the organization's
executive director, Rabbi Arik Ascherman, threatening to kill him and
By JPOST.COM STAFF