[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

decisione della Corte sul Muro nelle South Hebron Hills - High Court ruling on the Wall in South Hebron



segue traduzione in italiano.

Cristina Graziani
Coordination Office for Peace Civic Presences in Palestine and Israel
c/o Casa Palestina
Ikhwan al-Safa rd. 4, Wadi el Joz -East Jerusalem
tel       00972 (0)2 6260275
Mob   00972 (0)543-067460
mail: jerusalem at assopace.org

 


Israeli forces defy Israeli High Court ruling on Hebron wall

 Israeli forces have deliberately delayed the implementation of an Israeli High Court of Justice ruling to dismantle a concrete barrier near the southern West Bank city of Hebron, Supreme Court President Dorit Beinisch said on Monday.
In 2006 the High Court ruled that the Israeli army should, within six months, remove the concrete wall adjacent to Route 317, south of Hebron. The ruling followed a petition by the Association for Civil Right in Israel and Arab inhabitants of nearby villages.
On Monday, the court re-examined the issue, as petitioners had complained that the state of Israel had not complied with the ruling.
"The court ruled to remove the wall. This is no way to treat the court," Benisch said. Justice Ayala Procaccia added that "if this is how the state treats court rulings, what can we expect from the ordinary citizen? What message are you interested in sending here?"
The court ruling last December accepted the petitioners' claims that the barrier, which is 82 centimetres high and 41 kilometres long, is in defiance to the court's previous ruling, which prevented the state from constructing the separation fence along the road.
The smaller concrete wall was built to prevent Palestinian shepherds and the livestock from crossing the road in order to keep the area east of route 317 under the control of settlers, say the petitioners.
Rejecting the state's claim that the barrier was built as a safety barrier for drivers along route 317, the court gave the army six months to dismantle it, adding that the state could come up with alternatives, but only after the wall had been removed.
However, the state asked the court for an extension of the six month period only 48 hours before it had ended, claiming it had come up with a solution. The state proposed making gaps in the wall at 200 metre intervals. This solution had already been discarded by the court.
The petitioners now request that the court holds the state in contempt for failing to meet the deadline as set by the court. The court is expected to rule on the matter on Tuesday and will probably demand the immediate removal of the wall.


Date: 24 / 07 / 2007 (source: Ma'an Press agency, Bethlehem)


Forze armate Israeliane sfidano la decisione dell’Alta Corte Israeliana sul muro di Hebron

Le forze armate israeliane hanno deliberatamente ritardato l’applicazione di un decreto dell’Alta Corte Israeliana sullo smantellamento di una barriera di cemento vicino alla città di Hebron, nel sud della West Bank, ha dichiarato lunedi Il Presidente della Corte Suprema Dorit Beinisch.
Nel 2006 l’Alta Corte ha legiferato che l’esercito Israeliano doveva, entro 6 mesi, rimuovere il muro di cemento adiacente alla Statale 317, a sud di Hebron. La sentenza seguiva una petizione da parte di ACRI (Associazione per I Diritti Civili in Israele) e di abitanti arabi dei villaggi circostanti.
Lunedì, la corte ha riesaminato il caso, in quanto i promotori della petizione avevano fatto un esposto lamentando che lo Stato di Israele non aveva applicato la sentenza.
“la corte ha deciso la rimozione del muro. Questo non è il modo di trattare la corte”, ha dichiarato Benisch. Il Procuratore di giustizia Ayala Procaccia ha aggiunto che “se questo è il modo in cui la stato tratta le decisioni della corte, cosa possiamo aspettarci dal cittadino qualunque? Che messaggio volete veicolare qui?”
La decisione della corte dello scorso dicembre ha accolto le richieste dei promotori della petizione sul fatto che la barriera, alta 82 cm e lunga 41 km, è in contrasto con una dichiarazione precedente della corte, che vietava allo stato di costruire il muro di separazione lungo la strada.
Il piccolo muro di cemento è stato costruito per vietare ai pastori Palestinesi e alle loro greggi di attraversare la strada allo scopo di mantenere la zona a est delle Statale 317 sotto controllo dei coloni, hanno dichiarato i promotori della petizione.
Rifiutando la pretesa dello stato di aver costruito la barriera come barriera di sicurezza per gli automobilisti lungo la Statale 317, la corte ha dato all’esercito 6 mesi per smantellarla, aggiungendo che lo stato potrà proporre delle alternative, ma solo dopo aver rimosso il muro.
Comunque, la stato ha chiesto alla corte un estensione del periodo di sei mesi solo 48 ore prima che questi scadessero. Lo stato ha proposto di creare dei varchi nel muro ad intervalli di 200 metri. Questa soluzione è stata già scartata dalla corte. I promotori della petizione ora chiedono che la corte ritenga lo stato inosservante del provvedimento, per aver mancato di rispettare la scadenza stabilita dalla corte. Una sentenza della corte sulla questione è attesa per Martedi, e chiederà probabilmente la rimozione immediata del muro.

(fonte: Agenzia Stampa Ma’an – Betlemme, 24/07/2007)